When comfort food is made of mostly vegetables, life is good. This sheet pan of roasted Brussels sprouts, butternut squash and pancetta bits is a beautiful rainbow that tastes great. I could have it as my entire dinner and be happy, not missing a main course in the least.
To make this dish, I like to make life as easy as possible with pre-chopped vegetables from Trader Joe’s or the local supermarket. Bags of shaved Brussels Sprouts, butternut squash cut in cute zig zags, and pancetta diced small. If I can’t find that, then I do my own cutting, doing as thin slices of Brussels sprouts as possible and cutting the butternut squash in even sized one inch cubes. Use what you find and don’t feel bad. The important thing is to get gorgeous veggies on the table that everyone will love.
With a few bags of pre-cut veggies, I can have this gorgeous sheetpan overflowing with color in the oven in under five minutes. Heaven!
- 2 cups of shaved or thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup of diced or zig-zag shaped butternut squash
- ¼ cup of diced pancetta
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sweet onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of McCormick red bell pepper and garlic powder (or your favorite spice)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you weren't lazy like me, cut your Brussels sprouts as thin as you can and cut your butternut squash into even ½ inch dice.
- Cut your pancetta into ¼ inch dice
- Spread the Brussels sprouts and butternut squash evenly on a sheetpan. Sprinkle the olive oil evenly over it. Add the spices. Mix with your fingertips. Blend the oil as well as you can.
- Sprinkle the pancetta on top.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until just beginning to caramelize.