We are what you might describe as a football-know-nothing family. End zones and touch downs are a mystery to me, but I still enjoy the spectacle of the Superbowl, even without wardrobe malfunctions. Any excuse to make fun food for a party is fine with me! And besides, the Superbowl commercials alone are thoroughly entertaining.
We still haven’t decided whether we’ll be watching at home or inflicting our full family onto the friends who have invited us for their party, but regardless, these are the treats I plan to make on Sunday.
- Cherry Balsamic Wings
- Guacamole and Homemade Salsa
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- Killer Brownies in the Shape of a Football
What’s on your Superbowl menu?
- Meat from one supermarket roasted chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup of blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- ¾ cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 box of Townhouse Crackers
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and continue cooking until cream cheese is fully absorbed.
- Add ranch dressing and crumble blue cheese.
- Cook, stirring, until hot and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- Alternatively, mixture can now be placed in a crock-pot and left on low heat to serve.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.