Hello. I’m Chefdruck, a French Foodie recently transplanted from the New York area to Chicago with her husband and four kids.
I grew up in France where my mother still lives. We moved around a lot due to my father’s job and before I graduated from college in DC, I got to live in France, England, New York, Brazil, Morocco, and Barcelona. All that travel just left me craving more, more tastes, more smells, more adventure. I’m happiest when packing a suitcase, or four.
I am not a classically trained chef. I took a lot of recreational cooking classes after graduating from college at the Institute of Culinary Education in NYC, but I decided to get my MBA instead of leaving my marketing job to work in a kitchen. I learned most of what I know in my mother’s kitchen in France. I am the chef of my home kitchen, and I aspire to be a true chef, one day, when I grow up.
The dream begins after my kids leave the nest for college or other pursuits. That’s when my husband and I will spend a couple of years traveling the world attending various cooking schools. And then we’ll come back to a cozy little town somewhere in the States and open up our little restaurant. We hope you’ll drop by and break bread with us.
And until then, I’ll keep dreaming, right here, at Chefdruck Musings.
Blog Stats, Social Media Reach and Demographics:
- Google PR: 4 for the last 4 years
- Monthly Page Views: average of 10,000.
- Twitter: 6,000 followers.
- Facebook: 550 friends and 600 fans.
- Klout: 63
- Feedburner: 960 subscribers.
- Alexa Ranking: 286K US, 1MM Worldwide (January 2013)
- Technorati Rankings by Topic: 32,603 Overall, 765 Food, 1,525 Living, 1554 Books.
- Compete Ranking: 382,938 worldwide
- Alexa analyzed my visitor demographics: Compared with the overall internet population, the site’s audience tends to be female; they are also disproportionately college graduates earning over $60,000 who have children and browse from home. 80% of site visitors are from the US.
Beyond the Blog
I’m also a freelance writer and a recipe developer.
- I write for national and local parenting publications including American Baby Magazine, Chicago Parent, the Parent Paper, the Columbus Parent and the Parent Guide. My clips cover a variety of topics including social media in the delivery room, websites for little ones, dating your spouse, Halloween entertaining and dining out with kids.
- I do recipe development and contribute articles and photography to the Kellogg’s Snackpicks website.
- I also compose local activity guides for websites like SheKnows.
- My piece entitled Chasing the Gray was syndicated through the McClatchy Tribune wire in local papers nationwide including the Modesto Bee and the Wichita Eagle.
- Anthology: My humor essay, Eau de Colic, was included in the anthology See Mom Run.
Conferences and Events
Blogging and writing has opened up a world of experiences. I’m thrilled to have been invited to exclusive events such as:
- Coca Cola Blogger Summit
- Pork Sustainability Tour
- Nintendo 3DS Blogger Summit
- Disney Social Media Moms Celebration
- Yahoo Motherboard Summit
- Iowa Corn Tour
- California Milk Tour
- Pillsbury Bake Off Competition
- a media food tour of Disney Parks
- a weekend at General Mills
- an intimate dinner with Rocco DiSpirito in Napa Valley.
Conferences are a great opportunity to network and get inspired. In 2013, I’ll be attending:
- The International Home and Housewares Show
- The Summer Fancy Food Show
- Type A Mom
Email: ChefDruck AT gmail DOT com for a media kit.