Baking cookies is my favorite part of the holiday madness. I have files and file of favorite cookie recipes, from chocolate swirl meringues to candied bacon chocolate chip cookies, but my favorite cookie recipe doesn’t involve an oven. These No Bake Oreo Truffles are the definition of decadence, and you only need a microwave and a food processor to whip up a batch.
Oreos and truffles really have no business being in a recipe title together. One is fancy, slick, and a very grown up treat. The other resides in the supermarket aisle and tastes best double stuffed. But put the two together, and you have my idea of the perfect holiday treat. Homemade, easy to assemble, and incredibly delicious. The fact that calories don’t count over the holidays make it a win win. When you pool oreos and cream cheese together, you need to wipe the slate clean on calorie counting.
Even though this is a no bake recipe, you do need the power of a food processor to get the right consistency. When you mix together the cream cheese and the crushed oreos, having a powerful machine in your corner to whip them together makes all the difference.
Just in time for your holiday baking, I have a Hamilton Beach Stack and Snap 10 Cup Food Processor to give away (msrp $59.99).
I’ve been playing around with the unit Hamilton Beach sent me to review and am very happy with it. This powerful little machine is a great size that won’t hog your appliance cabinet. It comes with two blades: one for slicing and shredding, and another for heavy duty shredding and mixing for your favorite meatloaf recipe or these oreo truffles. All the parts are machine washable and I love how easy it is to snap it closed and know that you are ready to mix.
CONTEST ENTRY METHODS AND DETAILS:
To Enter to Win, you can do any of the following. The winner will be selected at random after 12/27/24. Prize can only be mailed to the continental United States.
- Leave a comment with the recipes you’d like to make with your food processor
- Like Chefdruck: French Foodie Mom on Facebook
- Share this contest on Pinterest and leave me a link in the comments
- Tweet about this contest and leave me a link with your tweet in the comments
- 1 16.6 oz package Oreo Cookies (Do not use double stuffed! Save those for eating)
- 1 8 oz brick of cream cheese
- 3 4 oz bars of semi-sweet chocolate (340 grams)
- Any sprinkles or decorations you want to add
- Pour the Oreos in a bowl and crush with a meat cleaver. Alternatively, you could put them in two ziplock bags (one inside the other) and tell your kids to go nuts on them. Once the Oreos are in coarse chunks, place them in the food processor and pulse them a few times.
- Add the cream cheese to food processor and pulse until well blended. This is tough work for your mixer, and should make you pause and appreciate the conveniences of modern life! You will have to open the lid and move the contents around many times until you get the right consistency. You’ll know when you’re done. The mixture will be glistening, dark, and smooth.
- Roll mixture into small balls and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Chill in fridge for ½ hour.
- Melt chocolate bars in double boiler until smooth and beautiful.
- Dip oreo balls in chocolate. This can be messy if you don’t use a spoon. Resist the temptation to use your fingers or you will have unappetizing fingerprints on your Oreo balls. I prefer to dump the balls one by one in the melted chocolate and scoop them out with a spoon onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Decorate the balls with sprinkles if desired. I prefer a smoother coating.
- Chill again in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Dust with cocoa or powdered sugar before serving.