Even when you write a food blog, it’s easy to fall into a rut in the kitchen. Steve has been traveling so much, and when I’m flying solo, the temptation to feed the kids tried and true recipes they won’t complain about is intense. Who wants to face a crowd of unappreciative, skeptical faces after slaving through a night of car pools in the cold? Not me. They’d be happy eating spaghetti bolognese every day of the week. But I get so tired of the kids’ favorites, and few things make me crankier than having a blah dinner.
Luckily, the perfect solution was delivered right to my doorstep last Wednesday night: my free trial of Relished Foods weekly meal box.
You too can try Relished for free! Just enter my email: (CHEFDRUCK AT gmail.com) as the referral and they’ll send you a big box with three meals for two for free.
Relished foods is another one of these genius new Internet services taking the hassle out of life. Relished does for dinner what StitchFix does for clothes shopping. Anything that adds quality and fun back into my life without wasting my time has my undying loyalty.
Here’s the scoop on Relished:
- Three dinners a week for 2, 4, or 6 people. Each serving is $9.99.
- You cook the food. You’ll get detailed recipe cards of chef developed recipes, filled with colorful pictures, to put your dinner together. This isn’t some sort of assembly of dried out, pre-prepped ingredients. You will be chopping garlic, dicing green onions, and juicing oranges. Think of it as a cooking class in your kitchen.
- Top notch ingredients. We had Mahi Mahi that was fresher than I can find at my local Whole Foods. The peppercorn crusted flat iron steak was flavorful and tender. We’ll be hunting for this cut from now on.
- Healthy portions, clearly labeled with nutrition information.
- You can cancel or suspend at any time.
When FedEx man rang my doorbell, I was resigning myself to making another batch of pasta. It was snowing outside. I felt chilled to the bone, and thoroughly blah. I opened the box and got excited. Inspiration was back in the kitchen. I had the Mahi Mahi with blood orange salad on the table in 30 minutes, and it was so infused with color and flavor that I went to bed happy. It’s not a recipe I would ever have chosen, but I loved it to the very last bite.
Right now, you can try a week of Relished for free. Head over to the Relished Foods site, put my email CHEFDRUCK AT GMAIL.COM as the referral code, and they will send you a box of dinners for free (and me too!). If it’s not the right service for you, cancel and move on. But I have a feeling you’ll be loving it as much as I am.
What’s not to love about a service that brings you great food to your door so you don’t have to go out in the snow?
Relished currently delivers to most states east of the Colorado River and are expanding service aggressively. Input your zipcode at the Relished website to see if they are delivering to you.