During yesterday’s post about my trip to the America’s Cup, I teased you with a mention of the subtle and elegant Iced Coconut Breeze I enjoyed at the Nespresso Boutique Bar in San Francisco. Today I thought I’d deliver the recipe, which is how I’m keeping the magic alive here at home.
Although Nespresso capsules and machines are featured in Nespresso Boutiques in Illinois in Bloomingdales and Sur La Table, I need to travel to New York, Miami, Boston, or San Francisco to experience the bliss of walking into an elegant Nespresso Bar. Instead I’m recreating that magic to the best of my ability in my child-filled kitchen, closing my eyes and breathing deep with a little coffee relaxation therapy.
It’s back to school time. This mom needs all the therapy she can get to keep her zen!
Check out the Nespresso website for more coffee fueled recipe ideas.
- 2 Arpeggio (purple) Nespresso capsules
- 8 ounces of 2% milk (official recipe call for Skim but I prefer it a little richer)
- .5 ounces of Coconut Syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of unsweetened coconut shavings
- ice cubes
- Pour the milk into a shaker filled with ice. Shake it with great gusto for about a minute. You'll be working off great calories here and easing yourself of any sugar guilt.
- Add the vanilla extract and coconut milk.
- Now place under the spout of your Nespresso machine and make two capsules of Arpeggio.
- Shake the coffee again.
- Pour the cold and frothy coffee drink into a tall and elegant glass filled with your preferred amount of ice cubes (my husband likes a lot, I like none. This is our continental divide.). Sprinkle some coconut on top and enjoy.