You hear it at the supermarket, at the doctor’s office, and anywhere a dewy eyed old lady sees you with your baby.
“They grow up so fast.” “Enjoy it! It goes so quickly.”"I blinked and my kids were grown up.”
The platitudes are annoying because they’re so true. With every single one of my babies, I cried when they outgrew their infant clothes. And then I cried even harder when they outgrew their infant car seat. I mourned the convenience of the bucket seat that could carry a sleeping baby anywhere, keeping that oh so precious nap going a little longer.
When the American Academy of Pediatrics announced that babies should now remain in a rear facing car seat until age two, I wondered how that would possibly work. My babies’ legs were all scrunched up against the seat by their first birthday. How would they be able to stay that way for another full year?
Sophie is now 14 months, and although she’s much smaller than her siblings, her infant car seat was getting uncomfortably snug. To keep the entertainment value of this post as high as possible, her big sister created a little Bollywood style video about life in the backseat of the minivan with Sophie in her old car seat.
As was plain to see in our Bollywood Minivan Baby Short, the dreaded transition away from the bucket seat was upon us. Just in time, the geniuses at Graco introduced a new car seat called the Graco Snugride40 that will be keeping Sophie comfortable and happy facing the rear until she’s two, but keeping her portable and not tied down to a convertible car seat. This in turn makes the entire family happy as it keeps her a willing subject for the budding movie producers occupying the minivan’s third row. This car seat is not cheap – it’s MSRP is $219.99, but as it keeps you using your infant car seat much longer, it seems like a good value. Here’s why the Graco Snugride Click Connect 40 is worth celebrating:
- Portable car seat snaps in and out of base with one click for babies up to 40 pounds.
- Portable. Yes this is so key that it needs a second bullet. You can still transfer that napping baby when the car ride is done!
- Car seat moves back to 8 possible recline positions, keeping baby’s legs from getting scrunched up against seat as he/she grows.
- Multiple inserts transition from infancy to toddlerhood.
- Seat belt can adjust without needing to be re-threaded.
- Attaches to Graco travel system stroller.
- Sun canopy protects my baby’s eyes on rare sunny days in Chicago.
We received our Graco Snugride40 compliments of Graco for this review. You too might be able to keep your little one rear facing comfortably in the same seat from 0 to 2. Graco would like one of my readers to have the chance to win their own Graco Snugride40. The winner will receive their own car seat in the color of their choice, a $220 value.
To enter to win, please leave me a comment telling me who you would snuggle in your Graco Snugride40, if you were the winner. I’ll select the winner at random in two weeks on 11/14.
And there’s many ways to earn additional chances to win, just make sure to return here to leave comments for each additional entry. You can:
- Follow @Frenchfoodiemom on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest.
- Like the Chefdruck Musings Facebook Fan Page
- Post about this contest on your Facebook page.
- Post about this contest on your blog.
- Subscribe to the Chefdruck Musings RSS Feed.