Today I’m partnering with Sargento Cheese to challenge you to cut out sweets to restore energy in your body.
My greatest sweet addiction? Nutella. Hands down. No contest. I love it in jelly rolls, on toast, bananas, or even just spoonful by delicious spoonful. But a few minutes after that last decadent bite, the sweet euphoria disappears and all I want to do is lie on the couch. My sweet cravings hit hardest between 4 and 5PM, especially when I haven’t had a balanced lunch. The kids start bickering, the dinner isn’t done, and I reach for the sweets to give myself a little boost, only to end up more drained than before.
So yesterday, instead of reaching for the Nutella, I said no to sweets and filled myself up with a balanced meal instead.
For lunch I sliced some crunchy cheese chicken tenders on top of baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, and pine nuts. Drizzled with my favorite balsamic vinaigrette dressing, I enjoyed every bite almost as much as a big mouthful of chocolate, and I felt energized all afternoon.
So join me and take the Sargento challenge today! Take a picture of the meal you had when you said no to sweets and post it to the Sargento Facebook page before May 12. You could win coupons for free Sargento ultra thin sliced cheese.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Slices of Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and mix them well with a fork.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- In a small food processor, shred the cheese and the panko bread crumbs. Pour in the melted butter. Pour into a separate mixing bowl,
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1 inch wide strips.
- Dip the strips first in the egg mixture, then in the bread and cheese mixture. Then lay on a Pyrex 8x11 pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, depending on how you like your salad. This is a great dish to make to have to throw into other dishes all week long. The cheese will keep you satisfied!