Whole grains are important for growing bodies, and I try to maximize my kids’ fiber by buying whole grain products, but it can be a tough sell. Whole grain goldfish crackers and whole grain cereals are consumed without complaints, but they are not big fans of brown pasta or any bread that is remotely brown. It had never even crossed my mind to try to cook with whole wheat flour until I was sent a sample of Gold Medal’s White Whole Wheat Flour by MyBlogSpark and General Mills.
When I pulled the warm chocolate chip cookies (recipe below) made with white whole wheat flour out of the oven, I didn’t know whether they would pass the taste test of hungry kids at snack time. Coupled with a tall glass of cold milk, the hot cookies were as much of a hit as they normally are with traditional flour. They actually had a more pleasant chewiness. I can’t wait to experiment with my other recipes and shift more of our homemade dishes into the whole grain category.
Along with my sample of whole wheat white flour, I received a very sturdy and attractive cookie jar as well as some recipes. I have the same prize pack available for you in a quick turnaround giveaway.
Gold Medal White Whole Wheat Flour Giveaway – One winner will receive:
- One Coupon for a 5 lb bag of Gold Medal Whole Wheat White Flour
- One Large Blue Cookie Jar
- Inspiring Recipe Cards
- Instructions for Conversion of your Favorite Recipes
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter to win, please leave me a comment with what you’d like to try to cook with this white whole wheat flour . I’ll select the winner at random after midnight on Monday, October 31.
And there’s many ways to earn additional chances to win, just make sure to return here to leave comments for each additional entry. You can:
- Follow @Frenchfoodiemom on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest.
- Like the Chefdruck Musings Facebook Fan Page
- Post about this contest on your Facebook page.
- Post about this contest on your blog.
- Subscribe to the Chefdruck Musings RSS Feed.
- Tweet about this contest on multiple days, and you’ll get multiple entries.
Just don’t forget to leave me a comment each time you perform an entry action so that you get credit.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.