I only started making my own jams a year ago, but my little jars of summer sunshine helped our family survive our first Chicago winter. Canning is one of those things that seems completely daunting but is actually really easy. Yesterday, I shared some quick and easy blueberry jam recipes. Later next week, I’ll also share some really fun ways to can the peaches that are so in season right now. But today I have a great giveaway to get you started canning.
One of the reasons people are scared to make their own preserves is the equipment they think they need, but the truth is that all you need is two large stock pots, a funnel, and some jars with new lids. That’s it. Of course, there are many things you can buy to make the canning process easier, but if you just want to try it out, pick up a dozen jars at your local supermarket and a packet of pectin and you’re all set.
The winner was randomly selected using the “And the Winner Is” WordPress Plugin. Tabethia Foulk was selected to receive the discovery kit. As this is her first year making jam, it should come in handy! Congrats Tabethia and thanks for entering.
The Ball Canning Discovery Kit is another great way to try canning for the first time, and it’s what I’m giving away today. The kit comes with:
- A blue polypropylene rack that helps you lift the cans out of boiling water
- 3 1-pint jars
- An easy to use canning instructions recipe book
- Coupons for additional jars
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter to win, please leave me a comment about your favorite type of jam and whether you’ve ever made homemade jams before. Feel free to share links to recipes as well! I’ll select the winner at random after midnight on Friday, August 12. Contest limited to US residents only.
And there’s many ways to earn additional chances to win, just make sure to return here to leave comments for each additional entry. You can:
- Follow @Frenchfoodiemom on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest.
- Like the Chefdruck Musings Facebook Fan Page
- Post about this contest on your Facebook page.
- Post about this contest on your blog.
- Subscribe to the Chefdruck Musings RSS Feed.
- Tweet about this contest on multiple days, and you’ll get multiple entries.
Just don’t forget to leave me a comment each time you perform an entry action so that you get credit.