|Nutella and hot milk together in a cup. This is happiness.|
Snow goes hand in hand with hot chocolate. That goes without saying. When the kids come trooping back into the house, peeling off their snow-covered clothes, they expect me to greet them with steaming mugs of hot chocolate. And while it would be easier to just use the instant, just add water stuff, or reach for the can of Nesquik, I sometimes whip up a batch of homemade Nutella hot chocolate. The extra effort is well worth their red-cheeked thank yous.
Nutella hot chocolate is as good as it sounds: rich, creamy chocolate taste with just a hint of hazelnuts. It’s also very easy to whip up. Not as easy as ripping open a pouch of Swiss Miss and adding hot water, but pretty close to it. Just heat up some milk, throw in three ingredients and wait for the standing ovation. They might even be grateful enough to pick up their own snow clothes without nagging.
I’ve even seen some recipes that call for mixing just Nutella and and hot milk, but I like adding a little cocoa to boost the chocolate flavor and a little sugar to round out the flavor. Hot chocolate should be a rich treat, and this little dessert in a cup is a snack you won’t soon forget.
Nutella Hot Chocolate
1 Cup of 1% or 2% Milk
3 tablespoons of Nutella
1 Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Heat the milk in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the cocoa and brown sugar. Stir until blended.
- Spoon in the Nutella, one tablespoon at a time, resisting the urge to feed yourself a spoonful in between. You may need a second spoon to scrape the Nutella off.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture just begins to boil and the Nutella is fully disolved.
- Serve immediately with a big fluffy marshmallow on top. As it cools, the Nutella taste will become more pronounced.
Happy World Nutella Day! The lovely Ms Adventures in Italy and
Bleeding Espresso have compiled recipes from around the world, all celebrating our love of Nutella. Head on over to drool, without gaining any weight.