I think it’s great that more and more schools are adopting healthier food policies, banning birthday cupcakes from the classroom. But when it comes to Halloween class parties, being limited to healthy items can take the fun factor down a notch. When I was assigned snack duty for my son’s classroom Halloween party this Friday, I was terrified that I’d be forever known as the lame mom who brought the boring vegetables.
Cute Pretzel Witches
1/4 cup of green Wilton candy melts (or white with green food coloring)
Honey Wheat Pretzel Sticks
1/4 cup of shredded coconut
1 handful of chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe container, melt the white chocolate chips. If needed, stir in the food coloring to desired color.
- One by one, dip the pretzel sticks in the chocolate and swirl to coat evenly.
- Roll 3/4 of the chocolate covered pretzel tips in the coconut. Top with a chocolate chip that you dipped in a little melted chocolate.
- Put the pretzel sticks carefully on a plate and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips in another microwave-safe container. Dip a toothpick in the melted chocolate and paint the eyes and mouth. It’s okay if you shake a little, that will just make these little witches spookier!