>Family secrets are meant to be shared. So tonight I’m outing a big, decadent, fudgy family secret. I may get in trouble for this. Maybe even get raked over the coals. Because it’s not really my secret to share. This is my baby sister’s recipe. But how could I keep the recipe for the fudgiest brownies under wraps?
That is, if you manage to even get them cooked. It’s always a challenge for me. As soon as Jack smells the chocolate and butter melting, he hovers, spoon in hand, ready to pounce on the batter. And I confess (because we’re sharing secrets here), that I often join him spoon in hand!
Aunt Tiff’s Irresistible Brownies
1 cup of butter
150 grams of bittersweet chocolate
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13 inch by 19 inch baking pan. In a saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool a little.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Add flour, vanilla, and salt and stir well.
- Pour batter into greased baking pan. It’s up to you how well you scrape down the sides. Bake in oven 30 to 35 minutes. We like it a little mushy in our family. But to make sure it’s cooked, slip a knife into the middle and make sure it comes out clean.