There’s one party appetizer that I can’t resist, not matter how full I am. Once someone brings out that baked brie hidden behind its golden crust, I am done for. I will spend the rest of the night, knife in hand, devouring it slice by slice. Depending on how well I know the other guests, I may let them in to grab a few bites, but not many. That baked brie is mine, and I’m not sharing.
A few weeks ago, the MyBlogSpark team sent me a lovely package containing three white serving platters and some coupons for free Pillsbury Crescent roll dough. (I have the same package available for giveaway… read on). Then they gave me a challenge that I was happy to accept: create a recipe using the dough.
Of course there was no doubt which one appealed to me the most. But I didn’t want to just do the regular baked brie with jam, I wanted to make it better, more unusual, more irrestible. In my book, there are really two ingredients that can make anything better: butter and bacon. And as adding butter to baked brie would really be a little too much of a good thing, I chose to add bacon.
The end result was truly sublime. Imagine the salty crunchiness of the bacon paired with the warm creamy brie and then finished off with sweet yet tart raspberry jam… all under a flaky crust. Are you salivating? Don’t deny it. You know you’ll be right next to me at the next party, fighting me for the last bite of this raspberry bacon baked brie.
Raspberry Bacon Baked Brie
1 package of Pillsbury Refrigerated Seamless Dough Sheet
4 slices of bacon
1 round of brie
1/3 cup of raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a frying pan, brown the slices of bacon.
- Roll out seamless dough on a silpat or waxed paper on a cookie sheet. Place the brie on top. Spoon the raspberry jam and spread it out to cover the brie entirely. Be generous with the jam as it will diminish in cooking. Crumble the bacon on top.
- Wrap the dough around the brie. Cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
- Serve immediately, but don’t tell too many others that it’s ready or you’ll have to share!
As I mentioned above, I have the same set of platters and coupons that I received available for giveaway today for one of my readers, courtesy of Pillsbury through MyBlogSpark. For a chance to win, leave a comment here before Friday, February 5. I’ll select the winner at midnight that night.
As usual, you can get extra chances to win by:
- linking to this contest on your blog,
- subscribing to my Chefdruck Musings feed
- subscribing to my Chefdruck Reviews feed.
- tweeting this contest.
Just remember to leave me a different comment to get credit for each extra entry.