>I came up with the greatest recipe the other day. Tortilla and Parmesan encrusted chicken drumsticks. It was a breeze to make and tasted delicious, crunchy, juicy, just like fried chicken but healthier. As I was making it, I was patting myself on the back, congratulating myself for having come up with a sure hit with the kids. It smelled so good as it cooked that I was giddy when I finally put it on the table.
Then I looked up at the kids’ faces. Each was wearing a more disgusted grimace than the next.
After much coaxing, I got them all to eat the chicken. Juliette was a big fan but neither Jack nor Bella were happy. My husband and I were baffled. There was nothing not to like.
We’ll be trying it again soon – I’m sure second time will be a charm. Hopefully it will be a home run the first time around in your houses.
Tortilla Parmesan Crusted Chicken
2 cups of corn tortilla chips (pulverized in food processor)
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
a dozen chicken drumsticks
1) Crush the tortillas in a food processor with the parmesan. Pulse until a coarse meal.
2) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
3) Beat the eggs with a fork. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture then coat with crushed tortillas.
4) Place on a cookie sheet coated with aluminum foil.
5) Cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Let rest for 5 minutes then serve.